The new app is based on Penguin Group’s #1 best-selling Room on the Broom children’s picture book written by much-loved author Julia Donaldson, UK Children’s Laureate (2011-2013), and illustrator Axel Scheffler—the same author and illustrator team that created the critically-acclaimed book series, The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo’s Child. Room on the Broom is filled with humor and adventure, and teaches the importance of family, friends and teamwork!
There’s room on the broom for everyone in this high quality game app for 3–7-year-olds, featuring beautiful design based on Alex Scheffler’s original illustrations. Offering children a safe, entertaining and interactive experience they can enjoy time and time again, Room on the Broom Games provides eight imaginative activities that players can interact and explore within, while practicing early learning skills such as counting, creativity and literacy. Collectively, the games explore the world of Room on the Broom, complementing the experience of reading the book and watching the film. Key characters are featured and players get to help them fly, eat and explore their world. Designed to ensure players and parents feel comfortable and safe in the digital space, there are no in-app purchases.
The new Room on the Broom Games interactive app is available through the iTunes store for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod Touch; and on GooglePlay and Amazon for Android devices, priced at $4.99.
Julia Donaldson comments, “‘When Magic Light first mentioned to me the idea of producing a game offering children a different way to engage with the Room on the Broom characters, I was confident that they would produce another beautiful high-quality product to sit alongside their films and merchandise. The games have been especially designed to echo traditional children’s games of observation and memory and are a lovely addition to the world of Room on the Broom.” She adds, “ My own favourites are feeding fries to the dragon and creating constellations of stars!”
Axel Scheffler added, “I’m delighted to see how my original artwork has been used to create such beautifully produced games that give children the opportunity to explore the world of Room on the Broom in a whole new way.”
Fans can play with their favorite characters—Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog and Dragon in these magical games:
· Join the stars – Fly through the air and connect all the sparkly stars to find the right image!
· Find the hat – The Witch has lost her hat! Is it behind the tree? Help Dog find the hat in the woods.
· Windy day collecting game – It’s a windy day and Cat needs help collecting a few things, will you help? Be careful not to miss them!
· Find the bow – The Witch has lost her bow! Is it in the hay? Help Bird find the bow in the field.
· Find the wand – The Witch has lost her wand! Is it under the lily pad? Help Frog find the wand in the pond.
· Drawing with stars – Light up your imagination by creating pictures in the night sky. Place the numbered stars where you wish and watch the witch transform it into a dot-to-dot picture.
· Dragon loves fries – The Dragon is hungry and is planning to have fries for his dinner! Feed the dragon fries and avoid the other falling objects from the sky!
· Fly the magnificent broom – Whoosh! Join the gang on the magnificent broom and fly through the starry night sky. Take control and steer the broom to collect letters, which spell out a word!
Room on the Broom Fun Products
- Room on the Broom books from Penguin Group. Hardcover (SRP: $16.99) and Board Book (SRP: $6.99) versions are available wherever books are sold.
- Room on the Broom DVD from NCircle Entertainment, available at Barnes & Noble, Target and Walmart, Toys”R”Us, amazon.com, Kmart (SRP: $9.99). Named “Best Animated Short” by the Toronto International Film Festival Kid’s Festival, beautiful CGI animation brings the book’s drawings to life under the direction of Max Lang & Jan Lachauer. Gillian Anderson (The X Files) provides the voice of the witch; while Timothy Spall of Harry Potter fame, lends his voice to the dragon. Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) narrates the story, which also features the recognizable voices of Martin Clunes, Rob Brydon, Sally Hawkins and David Walliams portraying the helpful animals that comprise the witch’s family.
- Room on the Broom plush from Kids Preferred, available at barnesandnoble.com. Witch, Dragon and Cat are perfect for kids of all ages. These surface-washable, soft and moveable plush, help kids to bring the classic story to life with their own twists and imagination. The lovable Witch is 15 inches (SRP: $12.95), Dragon is 8 inches and Cat is 7.5 inches (pricing currently unavailable).
One Lucky Us Winner, will win a copy of the board book from Penguin Group (SRP: $6.99) and the new Witch plush from Kids Preferred to review and giveaway (SRP: $12.95). ends 11/4
Disclosure: I've hosted this event, no product or compensation was received. Sponsor provided prize for giveaway and post information.
a Rafflecopter giveaway