Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Friday, December 13, 2013

No Sew Elf On The Shelf Costume - Easy

My son is one major fan of the Elf on the Shelf. He asked about an elf costume, we looked at the costume stores. They didn't have any to match the beloved character from the book and show. I thought about it and decided I can do this on my own, even with out a sewing machine.

Hot glue gun in hand, a red long sleeve shirt from Walmart. I took the white felt material and cut the triangle shapes out then I went to work bunching and gluing the white felt on like the elf collar. Next, I made the mittens by folding the material, long side of his hand next to the folded side. Tracing my sons hand  and cutting it out I spaced over about a half of inch. I hot glue and fold it back in half. Turn inside out and done. Top with Santa hat and red pants I have a cute little elf. He loves it.

2 comments:

cheryl c said...

This is a cute idea. I like the "no sew" part!

cheryl c said...

I must not have posted correctly earlier, so I will comment again. :-)
This is a cute idea, and the fact that it is no-sew is a plus!