Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Learned & When Child is Mistreated

So, when my house was hit with the Virus I learned some things.

1. Moms handle very disgusting things, conclusion without details "Moms are Super Heroes"

2. When at the doctors office remain calm when a child shoves your child down. "I was on Fire"

3. Grandparents are so wonderful for a sick daughter and grand kids. " Yeah they caught it too."

4. Take plenty of activities for your child to do while you wait at the doctors office.

5. I wish they would take those nasty germ infested activity tables out of the doctors office. "If a child was not sick when they went in they will be after touching that. Dirty Thing"

6. They only one spared from the virus 7 month old son. "That's a blessing"

7. My son does not like plain Gatorade, but frozen and turn into a Popsicle or smashed up like a shaved ice he will enjoy.

8. I hated holding my son for blood work.



So, more on the kid that shoved my son down. We just came over from having blood drawn and the kid comes in. I just got my son calm from the shot. He sees another child to play with and he is so good playing with children, he follow the boy to the "Mom Unapproved" activity table. Smiling and trying to get the other child to play. The other kid gets up from one side of the table walks around, shoves my son down who was squat at the other side of the table. My son had a bewildered look on his face, no one has ever done that or anything bad to him before.

Fire flooded my veins, I jumped up got my sons hand and said come with mama. You are not going to play with that mean younging as I walked past his mom. Who could care less, but she did get up and go into the room with her child after she saw how upset I was. I know every child eventually gets a dose of negativity and hateful attention, but for right at 3 years my son has not known that kind of treatment.

That mom was an idiot, she sit in a separate play room away from her child for one, He had snot running from his nose and the best part it was freezing cold and he had no shoes on, only socks and no jacket. Sorry Mom, in my opinion, no wonder the child was sick.

I know I'm not perfect, but I know better than that and I try to teach my son to be kind, polite, and considerate of others. I also make sure he is dressed appropriately for the weather. She her self was dress for it, that mom gets a F from me.



While I'm on the subject we had my son birthday party right after we recovered, a little girl at the party was showing my son to hit and trying to get him to hit a little boy she was hitting. My husband got them and told her grandmother, and I was proud of old hubby. We worked so hard to teach him right and in minutes the influence of other kids can stain it. Oh, I can't wait until it's time to send him to school :( I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those moms.

6 comments:

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

I hate poorly dressed children! Seriously, poor little peanut was sick and she wasn't even in the same room!

I hate bloodwork for my kids (I do it all the time on people at work I hate it more when the nurse misses, I would rather do it myself and nail it the first time).

Thanks for the follow - returning the favor!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

We're all "one of those moms" at one time or another! And we learn and grow, just as our kids do.

Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement. (I have FOUR sons!)

Cindy said...

i feel for you! it is the worst taking my daughter to the doctor, even for a checkup. she screams and cries. the worst is when she has to get blood taken or get a needle.

but a pink lollipop makes everything okay when we leave.

a situation happened to us like that too. my daughter is great at playing with others and sharing. we were at the hall of science and they have like a pretend grocery area. one kid took everything and my daughter asked if she can play and the girl said no. she came over and told me all teary eyed. i took her over and i said how bout you both share the toys. they little girl was so mean and said no. the mom looked like "oh well" so i said to my daughter thats not nice, that little girl is not going to have friends, lets find something else to play with. then when the girl left i told my daughter- see thats because she wasnt sharing nice.

its so hard to raise your kid to be polite and share, or not to hit when other parents dont.

sheila said...

You'd think the mother would have at least scolded her son. Rudeness.
Unfortunately this is gonna happen now and then. Sorry to say get used to it. There will always be an ignorant parent or a bully kid. Somewhere.

I like how familytiesand growing pains put it....so that your son knows the proper behavior. Sometimes watching it play out is hard but it lets your kid experience it. Not only does he then learn coping...but also empathy.

I went through this with my girls and my son. It's not fun. It's nerve racking. GOod luck :)

Tammy said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

I feel your anger, I have never liked it when other children thing it is their right to do whatever they want.

Thanks for the Gatorade tip too, never thought of freezing it and using it as an icee or popsicle, great idea.

Anonymous said...

Bloodwork was always the worst for me as well. Felt so horrible when my son had to go through it on a daily basis when he was newborn.