Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

1st Day of Kindergarten

I walked out of Kindergarten today holding only one little hand, the oldest stayed with my heart. I felt a heavy feeling walking out. He was like a fish in water, so happy:) I can't wait to find out how his day went.

Little brother needed a backpack and shirt just like his big brother. He is taking a nap as I type:0

The school traffic was out of control, there is only parking lot spaces for 1/4th of the kids that go there. Can't wait to see wait pickup looks like :(





Update: It was a great day at school for him, traffic was beyond horrible, and we are rolling with the flow.

13 comments:

Gem said...

Awww...I'm sure he did wonderfully! and omg - yes, the pick up and drop off can be a pain huh!

LeeAnn said...

How exciting! I'm so glad he had a great first day. Your boys are both absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

Poor baby, I went through 4 kids going to school their first day. I totally sympathize with you. It's always a little sad and a little hard.

Chey.W said...

Can't wait for my daughter to go to school ^^ I want to buy so many things for her.

Unknown said...

The first day can often be harder on parents than the kids (speaking as a teacher) - i'm sure he'll do amazing!

Terra Heck said...

Hope he has a great school year! It seems that all traffic around schools is horrible during drop off and pick up.

PoniLinda said...

My kids are not in school yet but I can imagine how you feel.

Unknown said...

Wow, my baby is only 1! I can't imagine her first day of school :)

Unknown said...

Wow, my baby is only 1! I can't imagine her first day of school :)

Holly S. said...

I know what you mean! My daughter started school this year and had never gone to daycare or Pre-K. She was excited. I was lost. Daddy cried ;)

brich2222 said...

SUch cute little boys. Glad they had a great day and many more like it!

Mandy said...

I dread the day when my little one starts school. We just upgraded to a big boy bed and that alone breaks my heart!

Unknown said...

You have adorable little boys. I bet they enjoyed showing their new cool shoes on their first day of school.