Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Scary rash on my son?

Last night a small rash start at my son ankle and with in an hour it turn it this. Up his entire legs and one arm, the rash was raised. I gave him some child meds with an antihistamine in it an it went aways as fast is it came. If it had not we would have been sitting in the ER. Early this morning I scheduled an appointment with his doctor for the rash and because he has been complaining about an stomach ache off and on too. Thinking it is a common reaction to something, but what? Nothing different. Could it be a rash from the recent strep he had? Not sure he has been off antibiotics since January 2 for that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww hope he is feeling better soon poor little guy. It could be an antibiotic reaction as it's only been a few days since he has been off of them. I'm not sure but hugs.

Cory said...

it looks like hives not a rash. he could be having a reaction to something. did he eat anything different yesterday?? he could be having an allergy to a certain food. my daughter gets hives when she eats foods she is allergic too and i get hives when i am stressed.
good luck. but don't rule out food allergies. sometimes kids do get hives after being ill. glad you're taking him in to be checked out.

Samantha said...

not fun.....

here is a blog award for you!

http://havesippywilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

thanks!
~samantha

~ Y said...

Aww, I'm glad to hear the rash got better! Those kinds of things are so scary when they crop up, arent they?!

Elaine said...

It looks like hives to me. And it could be associated with a recent virus. Nothing to worry about, but take him to the doctor to get it checked out. I hope your son is feeling better.

Marsha said...

My daughter and niece both have the same reaction to Red40, a very common food dye. Anything red, orange, blue or purple will set them off - jello, Kool-Aid, popsicles, candy, etc.

blessedelements said...

I think it looks like hives too. My daughter had hives when she was given penicillin and had the same type of look as in the picture.

Anonymous said...

my daughter did have a rash and a mild sore throat a few years ago - dr did a routine throat culture even though throat wasn't red and sent us off for blood test to find out what it was.. as they were ready to draw blood... Dr comes running in and says throat culture was positive for Scarlet Fever (which is in the strep throat family)... and a dose of antibiotics was all that was needed... maybe check that?
billdebstanton at hotmail dot com

Becca said...

I agree with everyone else...it looks like hives!