Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter in the Hospital, Updates

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I've missed blogging and I'm so far behind, first thing first family. After driving 430 miles Friday, I was so exhausted. My mom was put back in the hospital. Her Hemoglobin was 4.9 and she got 4 pints of blood and is doing better. Where is the blood going????

She has had so many procedures this past weekend it's not even funny. I drove back Saturday and brought the kids, she had a dangerous one done on Easter and I wanted us to be together. They did discover ulcer in her stomach and intestines. So much stress and high dosage of meds for fever is likely the cause. Sunday I drove back home and the kids got to color eggs. The Easter bunny didn't make it around til yesterday evening.

So I packed back up and drove back to the hospital this morning 3am to be with mom for a Bone Marrow Biopsy. They are going to hold off on it. She had blockage in her leg vein and she will get a stent. We are currently waiting on the next lab rat test of the day. Mom is so stressed and she said she hasn't made it to the hard part yet. I'm scared of the chemo/radiation treatments, I hear the person next to us crying after taking the meds. My heart going out to them and I'm feeling fear.

She still needs a PET Scan to see if the cancer has spread any. Waiting on it and then we will know if the will do the surgery or chemo/radiation first. We are just ready to fight it and get back to life and being a family. Just the simple things like at the kitchen table doing egg coloring with the kids together. My mom is my best friend and I love my mom!

1 comments:

Cher said...

Sending prayers for you and your family!