Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011 How Does Your Garden Grow?

Are you growing a garden? The past few weeks my sons have grown plants in our window seal from our recycled yogurt cups and he helped me clean our garden spot. One little boy thinks it is very funny to spray momma and bub with a water hose. Yes! he soaked us and it was fun!!
We have planted Pumpkins, Watermelons, Cantaloupes, Carrots, Okra, Radish. We picked up some Tomatoes, Bell Pepper, Strawberries & Squash plants. I may need to expand the garden. My aunt is planting other veggies and we are going to share with each other.

We are catching rain water so we can recycle & save water too. My son loves using his little watering pot, he forgets and sometimes steps in on the plants. Yes, we have little sprouts everywhere and working on composting. We will spend much of our Earth Day outside planting, cleaning and my family will just be enjoying earth.
 

2 comments:

Grace said...

Looking good and have a Great Earth Day.

Darcy said...

I kinda wish we had a garden but we barely have a yard. I should look into getting a composter though...