Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Monday, July 9, 2012

In-laws Bad Weekend House Fire

My sister in-law lost everything, there was nothing left from a house fire. She was at my mother in-laws taking care of her when it happened. The only thing she has is the clothes she had on. Going to see if I can get her some clothes today and she is going to stay with her mom. She lost all the photos of her child, who is now grown. I feel so bad, those are irreplaceable.

4 comments:

Angie Bailey said...

I'm sorry that this happened. My brother and his family and also my parents both lost homes in two separate house fires in the past decade.

In addition to friends, family, and even complete strangers, our local Red Cross was a huge help for them all in giving them vochers to shop for more clothes, food, etc. at K-Mart. A local furniture store also donated furniture from the warehouse (so you might want to check local furniture stores in your area to see if they can help). Also my mom had cell service through AT&T and they cut her a break on her next bill which was huge because of all the phone calls she received and had to make to straighten things out.

Just some ideas. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

awww so sad! I will be praying for them.

Mary said...

Oh, I am so sorry. It is so dry everywhere. I will be praying for her.

Heather Jones said...

I'm so sorry to read this!! Does anyone know how it happened!! Ugh to loose all your precious memories is just devastating. :( I hope she is in good spirits today.