Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sum It Up! BUSY

I've had a very busy weekend & Monday! To sum it all up:
*A New Automobile
*Theme Park
*Birthday Party
*Labor

First the new automobile = I was surprised by my uncle and aunt (AKA second dad & mom.) They had been to an auction and bought me a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I'm still in shock!! So far I've drove it once and love the space, but I really think it's to big for me and drinks to much gas (18 MPG HWY):(. I'm used to my 2006 Kia Rio no space but gets (38 MPG HWY):). Since it came from the auction we are weary of it, it need a right blinker bulb and cd player in it. We took it to the Ford Shop to have it checked out, waiting to see what they have to say..


If anyone owns one of these let me know your thoughts about this vehicle, so far I readed this type of transmission, kept going out in this model. Plus you have to add transmission fluid under the automobile on this model. I had an old car for errands, but with no air condition in it. So I usually put things off so I could use the Kia when my husband returned from work, now I will not heat to death or have to wait.

Theme Park = My mom and I carried the kids to a theme park on Saturday, my husband could not get off work, so he missed out. Pretty good ride about and hour and half to two hours there. The babies had a blast!! It was so hot and we spent a lot of time in the water park, didn't get pics there. It was all I could do to keep up with my son he was like a wild squirrel in a nut shop. Didn't want to wet my camera either. My mom watch the little one in the baby area.



We did get to view the animals and rode the tour train. We rode the rides and video taped them. Wish I'd taken more wildlife photos, but it was just so hot. I also wore my crocs, had them for a year always comfortable until this particular day. Less than 1 hour there I had a blister on the back of my heel. I found a booth with scissors and cut the back off of them. Finally relief!! I've had them a whole year and they we always comfy, and then they went bad...Next morning my son woke up first words, "It's a beautiful day momma ready to go back to the park."

Finally, nice little lazy birthday party for 9 year old cousin. Everyone having cake and talking. My cousin pregnant wife sitting there and my aunt and I are there her our pregnancy stories. All of a sudden she stand up and begins hurting bad in her stomach and back. Everyone is up in a flash and she was whisk to the hospital. She is 3 Days til being 36 weeks (way to early), she was sent home.

I'm Resting!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a nice gift but I can see your trepidation. We have finally found very honest mechanics and I take every vehicle we are considering to them first!

Melissa G said...

What a nice gift!! We have a 2006 and haven't had any major problems at all. Ours has a 3rd row and that has been really helpful. Not the most roomy car, but we came from a tahoe.. Hope you enjoy it!

Life Is A SandCastle said...

Thanks Mel & Debbie!