Life is like a sandcastle something beautiful here for awhile & then gone, but the impression it makes on others can last forever.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

We have hyper sugared up kids, do you? I feel like I have a hangover..
This weekend at the community Halloween Party my sons had a blast. My 4yr old son stood on the stage and sung ABC's in front of everyone there. He's not shy a bit. Got a cake on my first walk at the cake walk. School Costume Parade Halloween day. His costume got tons of comments and he was so proud of it.

Their costumes Bad to the Bone & John Deere Man with a John Deere Tractor. The tractor was built with boxes, duct tape, paint, hot glue, tap lights, duck brand insulation for pipe and poster board. We made the steering with a clothes hanger then it with duct tape and covered with black electric tape. Completed with John Deere boots and clothes.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute!

Gem said...

Wish I could create or even think of something like that!

Tricia said...

WOW you made that. It's incredible Nice job I bet he loved it and creative after halloween play too

debijackson said...

cute cute so cute debbie jackson,
djackson1958 at hotmail dot com

crystletellerday said...

cute john deere costume

Janet W. said...

How neat and creative! Definitely stands out!

Anonymous said...

What a cute costume. I love using and repurposing things. Very creative. Duct tape is always your friend!
marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

moonsword said...

Love the costumes and the fact that the John Deere Man is totally DIY! We may have to a train version of that. Supercute!

Jan Messali said...

Oh my gosh.. what a creative costume! Love that it's something you can make yourself. Great job!

Colleen Maurina said...

Such a great costume - every little boy wants to be a John Deere tractor! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!

colljerr at comcast dot net

karenmed409 said...

Very cute.. you are very creative, I love the homemade costumes!

blandmj said...

Wow! Love the costume! And won the first cake in the cake walk! Awesome!

Chelsea said...

Awesome! I'm currently making super hero costumes for my girls!

brich2222 said...

Cute kids and costumes. You have a better imagination than I do. Bet you can hardly wait to show this to them when they are teens. LOL!

Kathy P said...

Looks like they had a blast and they are so cute. I love Halloween :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully creative costume! Love it :)